28 November 2006

The Cheddar Chronicles: afternoon repose

Ok, so I happen to like stretching out in the sunshine for a little nap in the afternoon. It's warm. It's quiet. I have nothing else to do. I'm a cat. This isn't unusual behaviour for a beast of leisure.

So, why all the fuss? You'd think I'm Mick Jagger lounging on the table in the sunshine the way She starts shouting at everyone to come and see and then goes running for that cursed camera like a member of the paparazzi. And how many times do I have to remind Her that the flash bulb is an intrusive and unnecessary imposition on my afternoon repose?

I'm afraid She's left me with no choice but to file a complaint. You have to show these people who's boss and be willing to take all measures. I'm hoping that just the threat will allocate Her to Her proper place in the order of things.