04 January 2007

The Cheddar Chronicles: Prime Minister names his cat Cheddar, too


On Friday, She will be ranting and raving about the fact that the Prime Minister of Canada has named his cat Cheddar. She seems to take personal umbrage to this. She thinks the Prime Minister stole Her cat's name. She's written him a letter venting her indignation and throwing around veiled threats about suing the man for naming his cat Cheddar.

Have you ever heard anything so utterly ridiculous? She shouldn't have to be reminded that it's MY name we're talking about here!

I rather like the notoriety. If the Prime Minister of Canada wants to name his cat after me, I'm only too honoured. In fact, I think I'll invite Cheddar Harper for a visit. I think we'd get on famously planning all sorts of little irritations to inflict upon our owners.